Wednesday, September 13 * 5:00-6:00 p.m. * Room 203
Join us for this special program featuring current and former clerks to federal and state judges. Hear about their experiences and discover why judicial law clerk positions are outstanding professional opportunities.
- Brandon Betts (Duq. Law 2015) – Former Judicial Law Clerk to Justice David Wecht, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Amanda Knorr (Duq. Law 2015) – Current Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Meagan Bilik-DeFazio, Westmoreland County Court of Common Pleas, Criminal Division
- Brian Kravetz (Duq. Law 2007) – Permanent Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Nora Barry Fischer, United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Christina Manfredi McKinley (Catholic U. 2009) – Former Judicial Law Clerk to Judge Janice Rogers Brown, United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and to Judge Michael Kanne, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
The panel will be moderated by Associate Dean Jacob H. Rooksby, Professor Rhonda Gay Hartman, Professor Julia Glencer, and Career Services Director Maria Comas.
Please RSVP via DuqLawConnect (under the “Events” tab).
You’re Invited to a Webinar Answering Questions on:
THE ATTORNEY GENERAL’S HONORS PROGRAM AND SUMMER LAW INTERN PROGRAM AT THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Hosted by: Rena J. Cervoni, Deputy Director and Trisha A. Fillbach, Assistant Director
Office of Attorney Recruitment and Management
During the webinars, participants will:
- Obtain a brief overview of this year’s programs;
- Receive answers to questions about the application and hiring timeline; and
- *Participants are encouraged to review the application prior to the webinars and have questions. *
Please RSVP to OARMposition@usdoj.gov for one session. RSVP will close on Thursday, August 24, 2017 or when filled. Please include your name, law school attended, and the webinar date you choose to attend. (Participation is limited to the first 100 respondents for each session.)
Monday, August 28, 2017 at 2:00 P.M. (Eastern Standard Time)
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 11:30 A.M. (Eastern Standard Time)
Equal Justice Works Annual Conference and Career Fair
October 27 & 28 * Arlington, VA
- The Equal Justice Works annual Conference and Career Fair is the largest national public interest career fair in the country.
- More than 1,200 students from 165 law schools attend for two days of interviews, workshops, networking, and other career opportunities.
- Public interest employers conduct interviews for internship and full-time positions and meet with students in informal “table talk” settings to discuss public interest legal opportunities.
- The deadline to register & apply for pre-scheduled interviews is Wednesday, September 13.
- The Conference and Career Fair also feature workshops on various public interest careers and job search advice, resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, and more.
- The Career Services Office will pay for some limited expenses associated with student registration & travel to this career fair. Contact Maria Comas (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, but no later than October 1, if you plan to attend.
- Check the Equal Justice Works website for registration details & more information, including a list of employers who have registered for pre-scheduled interviews and “table talk” sessions.